Thursday 17th December
There is NO homework over Christmas!
Thursday 10th December
Purple Mash: Decorate a Christmas Tree - Can you draw, decorate and write about a Christmas tree? You can do your Christmas tree from home, school or design your own! Next to your drawing, write about how you have decorated your tree.
Thursday 3rd December
1. Purple Mash: Acrostic poem - Make an acrostic poem from the word 'Present'.
2. Mathletics: 2, 5 and 10 times tables - 3 activities have set on Mathletics to practise the 2, 5 and 10 times tables.
Thursday 26th November
1. Purple Mash: Phonics - This phonics activity is based on the sounds: 'ie' (as in tie) 'ea' (as in seat) 'oy' (as in joy).
2. Purple Mash: RE - Watch the Gospel Choir singing about Jesus. Design a Christmas card to pass on this joy!
Thursday 19th November
1. Purple Mash: Phonics Part 1 - This phonics activity is based on the ai (like snail) and oa (like boat) and ow (like cow) sounds.
2. Times Tables! Please can you practise the 2, 5 and 10 times tables either on TT Rockstars or this website:
Thursday 12th November
1. Purple Mash: Phonics Part 1 - This phonics activity is based on the aw (like saw) and ew (like few) sounds.
2. Purple Mash: Phonics Part 2 - This phonics activity is based on the ai (like rail) and ee (like sheep) sounds.
Thursday 5th November
1. Purple Mash: Phonics - This week the focus is the igh and ear sound.
2. Purple Mash: Pirates aRrrggggghhhh! Your second task on Purple Mash is to put yourself into the role of a pirate. First you can upload a photo of yourself to use as the pirate's face. Then show your thoughts and character in the speech bubble. You could include why you are wearing an eyepatch! Or your parrot's name. You could write about some treasure you have recently found.
Thursday 22nd October
There is no homework over half term!!
However we are giving out their Numbots/TT Rockstars logins today and an optional handwriting booklet. This does not need to be completed in any set time and is also not to be returned to school. This is just for your child to practise their Year 2 joined handwriting when possible.
After half-term we will be starting multiplication in Maths. The TT Rockstars login will help your child to learn their times tables at a speed which suits them. You will find their login and the website on the sheet given out today. The same login is to be used for Numbots which is a great website to help with adding and subtracting.
Thursday 15th October
1. Purple Mash: Phonics - This week the focus is the o-e and u-e sound.
2. Purple Mash: The Life Cycle of a Butterfly. Your second task on Purple Mash is to describe the life cycle of a butterfly.
Thursday 8th October
1. Purple Mash: Phonics - Please complete the 2Do titled Homework on Purple Mash. This week the focus is the a-e, e-e and i-e sound.
2. Purple Mash: Baptism - This week, we have being learning about the ceremony of Baptism in RE. Your second task is to design a baptism card explaining what happens in the service on Purple Mash.
Thursday 1st October
1. Purple Mash - Please complete the 2Do titled Homework on Purple Mash. This week the focus is the 'ay' sound (as in say) and the 'ou' (as in out) sound.
2. Baptism - Have a discussion with your parents about your Baptism or naming ceremony. How old were you? Where did it take place? Who are your Godparents? What did you wear? Did you receive any special gifts? If you haven't been Baptised, have you ever been to a Baptism or a naming ceremony? What can you remember?
Thursday 24th September
1. Purple Mash - Please complete the 2Do titled Homework on Purple Mash. This week the focus is the short and long oo sounds.
2. Counting - When possible please practise counting in 2s and 5s. This could be whilst walking up the stairs or to the car! Or even when waiting for the bus. Practise starting from 0 and other numbers and also please try going forwards and backwards.