Are you eligible for Free School Meals?
We will be carrying out our annual review on eligibility for Free School Meals (FSM), as required by the DfE for all pupils at the start of the Autumn term in September.
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are automatically entitled to a free school meal during normal term time when the school is open which is known as Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM).
However, the government also provide schools with additional funding known as Pupil Premium for all children who have ever been entitled to receive FSM’s. This additional funding is directed towards supporting children to access the full breadth of the curriculum to facilitate their learning.
Eligibility for FSM’s and Pupil Premium funding has to be accessed via the Sims Online Free School Meal (OFSM) checking system so please take a moment to submit this application, irrespective of whether or not you are, or believe you ever will be, in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of £16,190 or less, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
Please complete an application via this link https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims and provide the details below:
- Your own name and date of birth
- Contact details
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers’ Number
- Child's name and date of birth
- School your child is attending/will attend.
Mr K Oakley