How we support our children
At Botwell, using technology is a key element of teaching and learning. Children and staff constantly engage in the use of technological devices in and out of school, learning about E-Safety is a vital life skill. Botwell is committed to ensuring staff and children alike have the knowledge to safeguard themselves against threats such as viruses, hacking and have an awareness of the dangers of using social media.
E-Safety is built into the curriculum through personal development lessons, assemblies, and Computing Lessons. Botwell has a number of children who have volunteered to be Digital Leaders. The Digital Leaders offer support to other children who require help.
- E SafetyFind out what’s good, what’s not and what you can do about it. Here is some information about how to deal with certain issues and resources to show different occurrences that may happen online.
- Safety Net KidsTips for staying safe online, staying safe whilst using a mobile phone, and what to do if you’re being cyberbullied.
- Parent InformationInformation for parents to help them to understand the issues that may arise from children using the internet unsafely, with tips on how to deal with these issues.
- O2 and NSPCCO2 and NSPCC have teamed up to give information to parents about how their child can stay safe on the internet. It has articles on various issues that may arise, and also contact numbers to call for help.
- NSPCCOnline Safety Tips from the NSPCC. Helpful advice and tools that can be used to help keep children safe whenever and wherever they go online.
- SnapchatA guide about Snapchat so that you know the ins and outs and can ensure your child is using it appropriately.
- FacebookA guide to Facebook so that you know the ins and outs and can ensure your child is using it appropriately.
- InstagramA guide to instagram so that you know the ins and outs and can ensure your child is using it appropriately.
- CEOPChild Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Report issues that happen online with regards to Cyberbullying and other similar problems and get help with dealing with that.
- Get Safe OnlineGet Safe Online with free expert advice: Information about protecting your electronic devices and protecting yourself and your children.