The school is always reviewing its approach to how to most effectively support out children that are eligible for Pupil Premium. Our priorities are driven by:
- Outcomes such as national assessment and ongoing formative assessments
- On-going observations of the children and their needs
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the previous approaches
- Research, such as the Education Endowment Foundations and the Sutton Trust
Consequently, our priorities are:
- Early Spoken language - experiential learning opportunities
- Strong foundations of mathematical concepts and vocabulary
- Quality feedback and direct instruction
- Reading: decoding, comprehending and enjoying.
With the Covid Crisis that will undoubtedly have the most impact on the most vulnerable children and families within our community, we are driven to ensure that we narrow any gaps in attainment that will inhibit the children's life chances in the future and effectively their longevity. For this reason the funding will be steered towards haw to help these children catch up in core skills giving them the skills to be effective independent resilient learners.